The Hub TV Network Sets Records with Halloween Week and October Lineup
For Immediate Release
November 1, 2011
THE HUB TV NETWORK SETS AUDIENCE RECORDS
WITH HALLOWEEN WEEK PROGRAMMING AND OCTOBER LINEUP
Best-Ever Week and Weekend Audience Deliveries;
Strong October Lineup Also Delivers Best-Ever Month for Network
LOS ANGELES – The Hub TV network was the place for kids to spend the Halloween weekend as the network broke audiencerecords with its best-ever week and best-ever weekend, powered by special Halloween-themed programs. In addition, the network's month-long celebration of the holiday and other strong programming drove The Hub to its best-ever monthly performance.
Holiday weekend (Friday-Sunday) program highlights included the highest rated telecast ever of the live-action series "R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series," with the new episode "Pumpkinhead" starring Frankie Jonas ("Jonas" TV series), and original Halloween-themed episodes of the network's popular original series "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" and "The Adventures of Chuck & Friends."
In addition, audiences flocked to special weekend marathons of the series "R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series," another wildly popular Stine series "Goosebumps," and the series "Truth or Scare."
For the month of October, the network also delivered its best-ever monthly performance with special programming that included premieres of new and returning series and specials. The month included the record-setting season finale of "Transformers Prime," the premiere of new episodes of the second season of "R. L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series," and a strong performance by the special "Secret Millionaires Club" featuring famed investor Warren Buffett.
- The Hub's delivered its best-ever week in Total Day in network history among Kids 2-11.
- In Total Day for the week, The Hub earned year-to-year delivery gains among Kids 6-11 (+50%, 24,000), Kids 2-11 (+68%, 47,000), Women 18-49 (+38%, 22,000), Adults 18-49 (+25%, 40,000) and Persons 2+ (+46%, 111,000).
- In Prime Time for the week (Monday-Sunday, 8P-11P ET), The Hub earned year-to-year delivery gains among Kids 6-11 (+61%, 37,000), Kids 2-11 (+77%, 55,000) and Persons 2+ (+25%, 152,000).
- Halloween special programming helped drive The Hub to its best-ever weekend in Total Day performance (Friday - Sunday, 6A-6A ET among Kids 6-11 (43,000), Kids 2-11 (70,000), Women 18-49 (28,000) and Persons 2+ (149,000).
- The debut of the new "Pumpkinhead" episode of "R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series" (Saturday, October 29, 5P ET) was the series' best telecast ever among Kids 6-11 (168,000), Kids 2-11 (193,000), Persons 2+ (322,000) and Households (203.000).
- The "Pumpkinhead" episode delivered huge delivery gains against the year-to-date time period average among Kids 6-11 (+310%, 168,000), Kids 2-11 (+211%, 193,000), Women 18-49 (+92%, 46,000), Adults 18-49 (+78%, 66,000), Persons 2+ (+139%, 322,000) and Households (+128%, 203,000).
- October was The Hub's best month ever in Total Day among Kids 2-11.
- In Total Day, The Hub earned year-to-year monthly delivery gains among Kids 6-11 (+11%, 21,000), Kids 2-11 (+40%, 42,000), Women 18-49 (+25%, 20,000), Adults 18-49 (+15%, 38,000), Persons 2+ (+28%, 102,000) and Households (+15%, 68,000).
- In Prime (Monday - Sunday, 8P-11P ET), The Hub earned year-to-year monthly delivery gains among Kids 6-11 (+28%, 32,000), Kids 2-11 (+48%, 49,000) and Persons 2+ (+8%, 141,000).
(Source: Nielsen; program based dayparts; most current; year-to-year is 9/27/10-10/31/10 vs. 9/26/11-10/30/11 & 10/25/10-10/31/10 vs. 10/24/11-10/30/11; year-to-date is 10/29/11-10/30/11 vs. 12/27/10-10/28/11; growth by delivery, "best evers" by L+SD.)
About The Hub
THE HUB is a multi-platform joint venture between Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) and Hasbro, Inc., (NASDAQ: HAS) with a goal of entertaining, enlightening, empowering and educating children and their families. The cable and satellite television network features original programming as well as content from Discovery's library of award-winning children's educational programming; from Hasbro's rich portfolio of entertainment and educational properties built during the past 90 years; and from leading third-party producers worldwide. The Hub lineup includes animated and live-action series, as well as specials, game shows, and family-favorite movies. The network extends its content through a robust and engaging online presence at www.hubworld.com. The Hub rebranded from Discovery Kids on October 10, 2010, and reaches approximately 61 million U.S. households. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Visit The Hub on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/hubtvnetwork
Note: For artwork, visit www.press.discovery.com